Referrals to MODEST ordinarily come from OPWDD. It also can come from clinics, schools, family members, legal guardians, friends and self referral. Any New York State resident with a developmental disability can make a request for services funded by OPWDD through voluntary Agencies like MODEST which will make a request on that person’s behalf. The process can begin with something as simple as a telephone call, an e-mail, or an office visit where intake forms are completed.

A dialogue takes place with the individual seeking support services. Afterward, it is refined into a request proposal for services that are submitted to OPWDD for review and approval.

Contact Information
Phone: 718-447-8200